Thursday, March 27, 2008

Peanut Butter Madness

I woke up today in the mood for something sweet. Living life as a celiac I can not always go to the store and buy a box of cookies. So I figured I would make my favorite gluten free cookie recipe. Chocolate Chip Peanut butter cookies. Lets just say i memorized the recipe while I was Pregnant! I craved them like nothing else. Sometimes I would even make a batch a day (might explain why my son was almost 9 lbs. at birth..hahaha). It is the easiest recipe and I thought I would share it.

Flourless Peanut Butter- Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate morsels

1. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon. Stir in chocolate morsels.

2. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.

3. bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until puffed and golden. (cookies will be soft in the center) Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet- remove to wire rack

* Can also add 1 cup coarsely chopped lightly salted peanuts.

ENJOY:)

No comments: